EASTERN MICHIGAN STATE FAIR GUEST SERVICES FAQS
How long is the Eastern Michigan State Fair?
- 5 Days - July 23-27, 2024
What time does the Eastern Michigan State Fair open and close?
Where is the Michigan State Fair?
How do I get there?
- 195 Midway Street, Imlay City, MI 48444
How much are the tickets to the State Fair?
- Tuesday and Wednesday before 2pm is $10.00
- Tuesday and Wednesday after 2pm is $20.00
- Thursday is $20.00 all day
- Friday and Saturday are $25.00 all day
- Kids 3 and under are FREE without a ride wrist band.
- Military members with ID and immediate family members are admitted free on Thursday from noon to 8pm.
How much is it to park at the State Fair?
- PARKING is available on a first come first serve basis at NO CHARGE. During high occupancy and peak times, auxiliary and overflow parking may be used at the school. Shuttles will be roaming the parking lots taking guests from those overflow lots to the Entrance to the fair and will pick up and return guests to their vehicles as well.
Parking in fire lanes, in front of marked exits, or any other non-paved areas will not be permitted at any time. The Eastern Michigan State Fair reserves the right to tow, at the owner’s expense, any vehicle improperly parked on its site without prior notification. No overnight parking of any vehicle, truck, trailer etc. will be allowed without proper authorization.
There is a bicycle rack located in front of the main ticket booth. & a motorcycle pad in front of the office.
What if it rains? Do you offer refunds?
- The Eastern Michigan State Fair does not offer refunds on ticket purchases. Please be aware of weather conditions before venturing out to the Fair and purchasing entry. As the weather is beyond our control, we are unable to offer refunds due to the inclement weather.
Do you accept credit cards?
- The Eastern Michigan State Fair accepts cash, Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover Card.
Can I leave the fair and come back on the same day?
- Eastern Michigan State Fair has a "no re-entry" policy during events. Guests who wish to return a prohibited item to their vehicle or need to exit and re-enter due to personal emergencies, must first contact the fair office or manager to make necessary arrangements.
What are the height requirements for rides?
- Arnold Amusements partners with the Eastern Michigan State Fair to operate the rides on the carnival midway as well as inside the event. Check: www.arnoldamusementsinc.com for a list of their rides and height restrictions. Note that some rides require a paid adult rider for children under a certain height. All children, regardless of age or height, must have a wristband to ride a ride. We recommend referring to this list prior to determining whether to purchase your small child an admission wrist band.
Are wheelchairs, scooters, strollers, or wagons available?
- Sorry, we do not have strollers or wagons available. Some wheelchairs are available on a first come basis.
What items are allowed?
- Strollers/Wagons are permissible.
Items for infants, babies, and anything medically necessary are permitted but the Eastern Michigan State Fair reserves the right to inspect all bags, cartons, containers, or coolers being brought into or out of the facility at all times.
- Cameras and selfie sticks are allowed.
What items are NOT allowed at the Eastern Michigan State Fair?
- Outside alcohol is strictly prohibited from being brought into the Michigan State Fair.
- Bull horns, air horns, laser pointers, megaphones, and similar items are NOT allowed. Please leave these items at home or in your vehicle prior to entering the fairgrounds. Use of these items on the fairgrounds is strictly prohibited and will result in the item being confiscated and could result in you being removed from the Fair.
- Large signs or props are NOT allowed. Please leave them at home or in your vehicle prior to entering the fairgrounds. Use of these items on the fairgrounds will result in confiscation of related materials and could result in you being removed from the Fair.
- Unless you are a credentialed member of the media, drones, quadcopters, or any other type of remote-controlled craft are NOT allowed.
- Open carry is strictly prohibited.
Are pets allowed?
- Pets are NOT allowed. However, a service animal with a current dog license is permitted for individuals with a disability. Under the ADA, a service animal is defined as a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. The task(s) performed by the dog must be directly related to the person’s disability. All service animals must remain on a leash or harness and may not be left unattended. Service animal behavior is the responsibility of the owner, and you will be asked to leave the Fair if their behavior becomes a threat to the safety of another guest or employee. Therapy animals are not service animals and will not be permitted.
Where is the designated smoking/Vaping area at the Michigan State Fair?
- To create a healthier environment for everyone at the Eastern Michigan State Fair,
Smoking/Vaping is only allowed in the designated smoking/Vaping areas which are the beer tent, pit area, and parking lot. We kindly ask your cooperation by not smoking anywhere else on the fairground and midway or within the exhibition halls, including the restrooms.
Do you have ATMs on site?
- Yes. There are two ATMs located one at the main gate and one at the T-shirt booth.
Where are lost items claimed?
- For assistance with a lost item, please visit the Fair Office.
Where can I share a comment or suggestion?
Need something else?